St. Mary’s Seminary & University’s Pinkard Scholars is the cornerstone of Youth Theological Studies at SMSU. The high school juniors admitted to this challenging course, RLST235: Foundations for Dialogue: Theology and Culture, explore and increase their understanding of:
- The Theology of God and the Existence of Evil;
- The Person and Work of Jesus Christ;
- Humanity, Sin, Grace, and Hope;
- The cultural reality of Human Trafficking with a specific focus on where God, Christ, Sin and Grace interact.
As the Pinkard Scholars learn to articulate and grapple with these explorations they, both as individuals and as a small learning community, broaden their capacity:
- to engage consciously in the dialogue between theology and culture.
- to develop and deepen the critical thinking, theological reflection and dialogue skills needed for social, ecumenical, and interfaith dialogue
- to contemplate the concept of call and how they might make a difference in the world and in their present sphere of influence
- to envision the cultivation of a culture of peace in the midst of human suffering and systemic violence
Pinkard Scholars Program Celebrates its 19th Year!
It’s a great time to be a Pinkard Scholar! The application period for the 2019 academic year is now open until May 10, 2019. For further information call the Youth Office: 410-864-4102 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants only accepted through nomination. Please see brochure.