Current Open Job Positions:
Click on links below or scroll down the page for more information.
Date: May 28, 2020
Job Title and Department: Junior System Administrator
Reports to: IT Director
St. Mary’s Seminary & University, seeks a Junior System Administrator who will aid in the training of users and support of varied technology for seminarians, staff and faculty members under the direction of the IT Director. Our Junior System Administrator will aid in the training of users and support of varied technology at a small residential university under the IT Director. This includes a Windows server and desktop environment, cloud apps, computer peripherals, LAN, telephones, A/V, etc. The position will also aid in the support of applications both on the desktop and on servers.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Provide technical support to users as reported through the Help Desk system, emails and/or phone calls
- Configure, install and deploy new hardware (desktops, printers, tablets, and peripherals) and software as needed
- Supports Windows desktops/laptops, MACs, Servers, and Printers
- Provide support & maintenance for software databases systems
- Provide support for classroom Audio Visual systems
- Train users in institutional and commercial apps
- Create, update, and organize IT documentation
- Work with IT Director on maintaining up-to-date Disaster Recovery protocols
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Windows operating systems
- Experience troubleshooting Mac/PC platforms
- Familiarity with personal computing hardware and peripherals
- Familiarity with Office 365 front end and back end
- Technical support experience with PC systems in a networked environment
- Ability to train users
- Ability to interact well with all members of the community, especially with computers users of all levels and skill sets
- Ability to learn new software systems quickly and thoroughly
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work successfully in a remote environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate will have 2-4+ years of professional IT experience working with a broad range of technologies
- MS SQL
This is a Fulltime (40 hours/week) Exempt position.
About St. Mary’s Seminary & University: St. Mary’s Seminary & University, America’s first Catholic seminary is located in the Roland Park neighborhood of Baltimore. The position includes generous benefit and compensation package commensurate with experience. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background check. St. Mary’s Seminary & University is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit electronically a 1) cover letter including salary requirements, 2) resume, and 3) list of three (3) work-related references, including their contact information (title, email and/or phone number); submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title in subject line.