Current Open Job Positions:
Click on links below or scroll down the page for more information.
Date: September 29, 2020
Job Position: Communications Manager
Purpose and Function:
The Communications Manager leads and develops St. Mary’s external and internal communications, media relations, website management, social media, and supports interdepartmental efforts to attract an increased number of seminarians from dioceses nationwide, motivate alumni and donors, and attract world-class faculty and staff – key strategic objectives of St. Mary’s. The Communications Manager reports to the President Rector and is a key member of the professional staff and is responsible for working collaboratively with the Vice Rector and Senior Vice President for Administration.
Marketing Strategy and Brand Development:
- Develop an annual communications/marketing plan, aligned with St. Mary’s strategic goals, plans and aspirations;
- Work in close collaboration with senior administrators and key stakeholders to drive the development and strategic position of the organization brand to all audiences – internal as well as external;
- Employ integrated marketing initiatives through multiple mediums, leveraging creative assets to produce compelling storytelling about the purpose and mission of St. Mary’s as a “center of excellence in 21st century priestly formation;”
- Provide targeted marketing, unified messaging and support brand enhancement with a specific emphasis on diocesan marketing which directly impacts seminarian and diocesan recruitment;
- Collaborate with all senior administrators to facilitate brand integration to ensure that marketing materials are in line with the brand and institutional priorities;
- Monitors financial expenditures and progress against the budgetary plan and takes appropriate measures to meet top-line and bottom-line goals.
- Provide leadership and oversight to St. Mary’s Communication Plan advancing the organization through memorable storytelling, creative services and broad digital communications; print and digital communications production; campaign event communications and marketing; and related digital communications coordination (email, website and social media);
- Supports organization events in order to enhance St. Mary’s visibility, strengthen the organization’s brand, influence decision makers and policy leaders, engage key constituencies, and fulfill major organization objectives;
- Acts as institutional webmaster, responsible for development of all website content and video productions in collaboration with President Rector and Senior Vice President for Administration;
- Provide vision and creativity to implement new forms of communications and marketing for the organization, encompassing the latest trusted communications formats, tools and delivery methods;
- Support the Vice President for Administration as needed with capital campaign materials as well as other donor publications and solicitation;
- Oversee the organization’s media relations engagement, including responding to media requests, and identifying opportunities to assert the St. Mary’s story and approach in forming individuals for diocesan priestly ministry.
The Communications Manager reports directly to the President-Rector and works collaboratively with the Vice Rector and Senior VP for Administration.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- 8 years or more of demonstrated experience as part of a strategic communications team and function in a higher education institution, non-profit or corporate organization.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and to be proactive.
- Track record of effectively utilizing social media platforms to communicate and engage audiences.
- Strong marketing expertise; effective management and promotion of brand identity and development of key messages for use with a broad range of constituencies.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to influence, collaborate and achieve measurable results.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively, as well as execute programs in support of an organization’s vision and strategy.
- Visionary thinking.
- Proven track record of effective media relations, along with the ability to develop media relations strategies quickly in response to changing circumstances, and also generate positive media coverage of St. Mary’s Seminary & University.
- Practicing Catholic with strong knowledge of the Catholic Church, its structure and references.
This is a Fulltime (40 hours/week) Exempt position.
About St. Mary’s Seminary & University: St. Mary’s Seminary & University, America’s first Catholic seminary is located in the Roland Park neighborhood of Baltimore. The position includes generous benefit and compensation package commensurate with experience. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background check. St. Mary’s Seminary & University is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit electronically a 1) cover letter including salary requirements, 2) resume, and 3) list of three (3) work-related references, including their contact information (title, email and/or phone number); submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title in subject line.