How to download an eBook with your laptop or PC
- You will need a My EBSCO account (how to get one)
- Adobe Digital Editions (version 1.7.1 or higher) installed. It is free to download, and you can get it here.
- Recommended browsers are Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer 10 or higher.
- You will need to be logged in to your Adobe ID / Account.
- To establish an Adobe ID, go to www.adobe.com
- Click Sign-In
- Click Get Adobe ID
- Fill in the form, then click Sign Up
Finding and downloading an eBook in a browser:
- Locate the Search Box on the Marion Knott Library homepage.
- Select the eBooks tab, enter your search term, and select Search.
- Select your desired book from the search results
- Select the Download (offline) link
- If you are not logged in to your EBSCO account, you will be prompted to do so. If you do not have one, select Create a new Account and follow the directions.
- Select a checkout period from the drop-down menu and select Checkout & Download.
- Select Open from the resulting dialog box at the bottom of the screen, which will open the eBook with Adobe Digital Editions.
- When the book loads and opens, you can read it immediately or close it and go back to it later.
- The book will remain in your Adobe Digital Reader folder until it expires at the end of the checkout period.