Current Open Job Positions:
Click on links below or scroll down the page for more information.
- Administrative Assistant to the Director of Pastoral Formation
- Director of Liturgy and Professor of Homiletics
Job Position: Administrative Assistant to the Director of Pastoral Formation
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt position: 15 hours per week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day office duties of the Pastoral Formation Department
- Coordinates weekly tasks for the work-study seminarian
- Serves as a liaison between the Director of Pastoral Formation, St. Mary’s seminarians, staff, and ministry sites (parishes, hospitals, nursing homes, and direct service agencies)
- Schedules meetings for the Director of Pastoral Formation with seminarians and Field Education supervisors
- Schedules meetings and prepares materials for the group Theological Reflection sessions and other events
- Assists with editing the Pastoral Formation Handbook
- Keeps accurate records of all field placement contact information
- Keeps accurate records of all correspondence with Field Education supervisors including evaluations (seminarians and Field Education supervisors)
- Orders office supplies as needed
- Maintains the department budget, including processing of payments for presenters
- Maintains and updates the Pastoral Formation website page
Required or Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 is required, especially Word and Excel
- Good judgment and discretion are required
- Must be organized and self-motivated
- Must have a proactive approach to work
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task preferred
- Previous office experience preferred
- Experience working in a Catholic parish preferred
Application Procedures: Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Job Position: Director of Liturgy and Professor of Homiletics
St. Mary’s Seminary & University in Baltimore invites applications for the position of Director of Liturgy and Professor of Homiletics for the School of Theology/Seminary program, beginning Fall, 2021. This faculty position is responsible for graduate-seminary level teaching in Liturgical Studies and Homiletics as well as coordinating the worship life of the Seminary. An interest in serving as a formator in the Sulpician tradition would be desirable. The ideal candidate would be a Roman Catholic priest with a terminal ecclesiastical degree in the fields mentioned above, although other Roman Catholics, both religious and lay, women and men, with a terminal ecclesiastical degree, will be considered for the position. Academic rank at first appointment is commensurate with prior achievement. Competitive salary and benefits package.
Application Procedures: Send letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and names of references to:
Rev. Gladstone Stevens, P.S.S.
Dean of the School of Theology, and Praeses of the Ecclesiastical Theological Faculty
St. Mary’s Seminary & University
5400 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications received through 4/30/21.