St. Mary’s Ecumenical Institute follows different application procedures for Master’s and Doctoral level coursework. Each process is outlined below. If you have additional questions or need assistance with the application process, please contact:
Master Level Coursework
You will need the following to apply for admission (with a few exceptions noted). Items may be received in any order, but we recommend beginning with the application and interview.
- Application. All applicants must complete the Application for Admission and submit it along with a non-refundable application fee of $35. Click here to download an application form.
- Interview. Most applicants must complete an interview with admissions staff or program director. (Recommended but not required for auditors and visiting students.)
- Transcript. Most applicants must have an official sealed transcript of a bachelor’s degree sent to the Admissions Office. See exceptions for visiting students, CAS, and certain others here.
- Photograph. All applicants must submit a recent photograph, or have one made during their admissions interview.
- Criminal background check. All applicants must sign and return a Disclosure and Authorization to Release Information form allowing St. Mary’s to perform a criminal background check.
- References. Applicants for a degree or the Certificate of Advanced Study require reference(s).
Doctoral Level Coursework
Application for admission to the Doctor of Ministry partnership program requires applying to both St. Mary’s Ecumenical Institute and Ashland Theological Seminary. The process and sequence are listed below.
Steps 1-3 can be done concurrently. All three should be completed before step 4.
- Complete and submit your application to the Doctor of Ministry program of Ashland Theological Seminary. Ideally, contact Matt Bevere at Ashland for conversation about the program and to assess your readiness to begin. EI alums can find our transcript request form here.
- Send us a signed release form to allow information sharing between Ashland and St. Mary’s.
- Apply to St. Mary’s Ecumenical Institute as a visiting student by completing your application (you don’t have to answer questions 1-3 on the back), signing the disclosure and authorization to release information form, and paying the $35 application fee. (EI alums are exempt from the application fee.) No additional references, essays, or transcripts are required.
Once Ashland notifies the EI of your admittance to their DMin program, you will be cleared to register here for DMin courses at the EI tuition rate. If ‘backfilling’ for master’s-level courses, EI tuition will match Ashland’s discounted backfill rate.
- Register for DMin classes at St. Mary’s Ecumenical Institute.