The Ecumenical Institute of Theology has a rolling admissions policy. Students may apply at any time by submitting all of the required materials, as outlined below. You may also want to review the qualifications for admission to see if you are eligible for study at the Ecumenical Institute. You are strongly encouraged to contact our Admissions Office with your questions or for assistance with the process.
General Application Process
You will need some or all of the following to apply for admission.
- Application. All applicants must complete the Application for Admission and submit it along with a non-refundable application fee of $35. (Click here to download application form.)
- Interview. Most applicants must complete an interview with admissions staff or program director. (Recommended but not required for auditors and visiting students.)
- Transcript. Most applicants must have an official sealed transcript of a bachelor’s degree sent to the St. Mary’s registrar. (MACM applicants without a baccalaureate degree must submit an official transcript of all undergraduate work. Auditor applicants may submit an unofficial transcript or photocopy. Visiting student applicants may submit verification of status.)
- Photograph. All applicants must submit a recent photograph, or have one made during their admissions interview.
- Criminal background check. All applicants must sign and return a Disclosure and Authorization to Release Information form allowing St. Mary’s to perform a criminal background check.
- Academic Skills Assessment. Most applicants for a degree or certificate must successfully complete this assessment of reading and writing skill, or register for TH601 (and successfully complete the ASA there).
- References. Applicants for a degree or the Certificate of Advanced Study require reference(s).
Application decisions for auditor, visiting student, and Explorations status are made by the Office of Admissions. Application decisions for degree or certificate programs are made by the Committee on Admissions and Academic Standing.