N.B. Program requirements are currently under revision.
The Certificate in Religious Education integrates theory and practice to prepare students to plan and implement religious education programs built upon sound developmental, administrative, and educational principles. This program is intended for the unpaid church educator desiring training as well as the professional seeking denominational endorsement or continuing education.
Required courses include:
- TH601 Introduction to Theological Study, Research & Writing
- RE601 Foundations of Religious Education
- RE/SP734 Faith Development through the Life Cycle
- RE799 Religious Education Practicum*
One of the following two courses or an approved substitute (e.g., RE705 Contemporary Catholic Catechetics):
- RE605 Teaching and Curriculum in Religious Education
- RE714 Teaching Adults in the Church
Two advisor-approved RE, SP, or PT electives
*Note: RE799 is normally taken at the end of the certificate program.