Steps 1-3 can be done concurrently. All three should be completed before step 4.
- Send the EI a signed DMin FERPA Dual Institution Release form (available on the Forms page) to allow information sharing between Ashland and St. Mary’s.
- Complete and submit your application to the Doctor of Ministry program of Ashland Theological Seminary. Ideally, contact Dr. Dawn Morton at Ashland for conversation about the program and to assess your readiness to begin.
- EI alums can use the transcript request form (available on the Forms page) to have EI transcripts sent to Ashland.
- Apply to St. Mary’s Ecumenical Institute as a visiting student by submitting:
- Signed EI Application form (Available on the Forms page. Note: you do not need to answer questions 1-3 on page 2.)
- $35 application fee (EI alums are exempt from the application fee.)
- Signed disclosure and authorization to release information form (available on the Forms page)
- Photograph, whether hard copy or electronic (or come in, and we’ll take one)
No additional references, essays, or transcripts are required.
- Register for DMin classes at St. Mary’s Ecumenical Institute.
Once Ashland notifies the EI of your admittance to their DMin program, you will be cleared to register here for DMin courses at the EI tuition rate. If ‘backfilling’ for master’s-level courses, EI tuition will match Ashland’s discounted backfill rate.