Advanced Standing and Course Work Outside the Program
- Applicants may apply for up to six credits of advanced standing with credit on the basis of previous advanced course work at the master’s level. This reduces the number of credits required to 24.
- In addition, up to six credits of post-master’s course work taken at St. Mary’s Ecumenical Institute, but prior to acceptance into the CAS program, may be counted toward the CAS upon the decision of the Dean.
- With the permission of the EI Dean and the administration of St. Mary’s School of Theology, students may take up to nine pre-approved credits in the School of Theology (S.O.T.). (Please note that the S.O.T. uses a different numbering system; approved courses are generally at the 600 level or higher.)
- No transfer of courses from other institutions into the CAS program is permitted.
- All course work must be completed within five years from the date of the first course taken toward the C.A.S. (excepting advanced-standing credits). A final GPA of 3.00 is required.