Ecumenical Institute Partners for New DMin Program

Laytham and Bevere 4.27.16-contrast600x406St. Mary’s Ecumenical Institute has announced a partnership with Ashland Theological Seminary offering access to a Doctor of Ministry program, that combines the Ecumenical Institute’s strengths with an existing program’s advantages. Dr. Matthew Bevere, Ashland’s Associate Dean for the Doctor of Ministry, was here on campus April 27-29. He and Dr. Brent Laytham, Dean of St. Mary’s Ecumenical Institute, offered an introduction to the new program, and individuals interested in applying were able to meet with Dr. Bevere.

Students in the new DMin program will complete 40 percent of their coursework with the EI’s exceptional faculty teams, ecumenical student body, and accessible class schedule, then continue the remaining 60 percent of their courses and their final Doctor of Ministry project through Ashland. The degree will be conferred by Ashland Theological Seminary. DMin courses will be offered on the St. Mary’s campus beginning fall 2016.

For more information, contact Patty Rath (410.864.4203).