Note: Beginning May 17, 2021, the Archives will be offering limited onsite services. Please see our “About the Archives” page to learn how to schedule an appointment. Patrons will be required to observe the following Covid-19 safety procedures:
- Patrons must be fully vaccinated.
- Patrons will be required to wear a facemask.
- Patrons will be restricted to the Archives during their visit.
Appointments for genealogy research will not be accepted at this time. See our “Genealogy” page to learn how to access our sacramental records remotely.
- Researcher access to the Archives is strictly by appointment only.
- The Archives are open and available for research Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. – noon and 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. Access to the Archives is through the main entrance of the Seminary or the entrance to the Seminary Library. You will be required to check in at the entrance. Notify the person that you are here to visit the archives.
- Researchers are required to store their personal effects in the facilities provided by the Archives. [Briefcases, bags of any sort (excluding purses), knapsacks, and computer cases may not be kept in the Reading Room.]
- Researchers are required to follow the policies adopted by the Archives.
- Researchers are required to follow the policies adopted by St. Mary’s Seminary & University:
~Parking is available in designated areas. Visitor parking begins with row 3. Please notify the Archives staff when you schedule your appointment if you need a handicapped parking space and/or use of a handicapped entrance. We will go over instructions with you at that time.
~Researchers are restricted to the Archives and the Seminary Library unless accompanied by Archives staff. Visitors will be required to a wear badge when outside of these two areas.
~Overnight accommodations for individual researchers are available at the Seminary’s Center for Continuing Formation and area hotels. Information on area hotels can be found under Local Accommodations and Restaurants.